Thank you for your interest in joining the Grouse Mountain Flying Team!
Please read the pilot requirements first, before filling out the form below. You can find the requirements here (scroll to the bottom).
All Fields are REQUIRED.
FOR ALL GROUSE FLYING ACTIVATIONS:
Send ONE e-mail to “email@example.com” containing all of your qualifying material, as follows:
1) Copy of your receipt showing payment of the GMFT $30 fee for the season. You can just forward the e-mail you got from PayPal and stick all the other info on this list into that e-mail.
2) Your HPAC rating level and date of expiry as shown on the HPAC website (please check the HPAC site; don’t just enter what you assume it should be).
3) Confirmation that you have logged into your GMFT website profile, and updated the HPAC expiry date there. We don’t do that for you, and Guest Services at Grouse will not let you up the mountain if your expiry date is showing out of date on your profile.
4) Your WCSC date of expiry as shown on the WCSC website (please check the site; don’t just enter what you assume it should be).
5) If you’re new to GMFT as a Guest pilot and you’ve never flown Grouse before, please confirm that your application already has been processed and that you’ve been accepted, and otherwise your application status. Let me know if you have NOT yet been added to the GMFT WhatsApp group.
6) If you are a P4 and looking to become a Full Member for the first time, indicate the year/season you most recently flew Grouse, your total number flights as Guest, and which Members you did your flights with.
7) The date when you completed the 2023 season annual in-person meeting or approved equivalent (ignore if annual meeting has not yet taken place).
8) A copy of your signed, dated and initialed (x5 places) 2023 GMFT Manual. (A hard copy of the fully executed manual also must be mailed or otherwise delivered to Attn: Peter Graf, #2502 – 1228 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, V6E4S6.)
Timing of activations: Note, we will NOT be activating according to your last minute flying plans! So, please take care of everything well ahead of time. As a general matter, activations will be handled twice per week for all purposes. The cutoff times for us to process the above will be Monday 6pm and Thursday 6pm. The activations will be done on those nights. If you miss the cutoff, please be patient and wait until the following Mon. or Thurs. night.